Saturday, January 21, 2012

D.C. Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon


Post by Shannon

I love running! It is one of my favorite things to do. 

One of my goals is to run a half marathon after every baby we have. I ran the Provo City Half Marathon after our first little girl, and my little sister and I plan to run the Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon in Washington D.C. this time.

It is on March 17. Less than two months away!

I'm excited, but a little nervous. I've only run five times total since our baby was born in August (two times this week), and my sister is a really good runner. 

I'm taking a different training approach this time.

After we had our first baby I went walking or running for about an hour a day. It was hard because I had so much weight to lose. My knees hurt and my stomach hurt a lot (I had a c-section).

This time, I am working on losing the weight first, then running. So far it's working! I've lost about 45 pounds since she was born in August by eating five times a day, doing the Insanity & Turbo Fire workouts, and drinking Shakeology every day. 

I ran just over 5 1/2 miles last Saturday, and felt great! Losing the weight first while building up my endurance with the other workouts has helped me so much. 

My plan now is to continue doing the Turbo Fire workouts that I started on January 2 and run three times a week until the race. 

Wish me luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment