Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A Day in the Life- Sometimes it's hard

Post by Shannon


I don't think weight loss is easy. For some people it is, but for me it's not. I think it takes consistency, effort and dedication.

I didn't lose weight because I have good genes or I am lucky. I worked hard at it every day, and it gradually came off. I watched what I ate, exercised every day, and didn't give up; even when it was hard.

I had a baby in August and wanted to lose my baby weight as fast as I could. I wanted to lose weight to have energy and feel good about myself again. I wanted to do this to be the best wife and mom I could be. I also want to be able to run a half marathon in March. It wasn't so much about being skinny, but being healthy and fit.

The first picture on 10-15-11 was about two months after our baby was born. The second one taken in January was just under five months after she was born.

Since 1-4, I have lost a little more weight. Here are my stats so far.

Totals weight lost since our baby was born in August:  44 lbs. (this includes the baby and water weight)

Totals since I started the Beachbody challenge at the end of Sept.:

Weight lost - 27 lbs.
Inches off my waist:  6.5"
Inches off my hips:  4"
Inches of my arm:  1"
Inches off my legs:  3"
Body fat lost:  4.3%

I like Beachbody programs because I don't have a lot of time to go to the gym. They give you a meal plan with each workout program. This helped me a lot. It gave me guidelines on which exercises to do and what to eat. It helped speed my weight loss along. I have been losing between 1-3 pounds per week since I started.

I didn't plan on being a Beachbody coach or selling these programs when I started. As I learned more about Beachbody and saw how it changed my life, I wanted to help others do the same.

I love helping people better their lives. I love motivating people and cheering them on! I'm excited to help others on their journey to becoming healthy and fit!

No comments:

Post a Comment