Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A Day in the Life- An Update on My Weight Loss Journey

Post by Shannon
As many of you know I am training for a half marathon that is on March 17 in Washington D.C. You might be thinking, "Oh she's good at running so it's easy for her."

Well, actually it isn't so easy...

At the beginning of August 2011 I had a baby via C-Section. Two weeks after I had our baby I went to the  mall to pick up something for her newborn pictures. I could barely walk from the car to the store because it was so painful. If any of you have had C-Sections before, you know what I mean. It's a hard recovery. I felt like a wimp because it was so hard for me.

Since that day I've taken it one step at a time... literally. I started with walking. I did a one-mile walk about a month after our baby was born to support an autistic boy. It was really hard. I could barely make it. I was trying to act tough, but it was really hard. I did it though.

This is me and Patrick on Oct. 15, 2011
(I really hate this photo!)

I did another 5K walk a month later to support diabetes research. It was hard too, but it was easier than the first race.

Then I started doing Beachbody's Insanity Workout, really slow at first because it was really hard for me. I ended up doing the first month twice because I was nervous to start the second, but I did it!

Then I ran a 5K in October to support the Make-a-Wish Foundation. I was proud that I ran the whole time, even though it was a really slow pace. I ran the whole time, and that was all that mattered to me.

I made a goal to run 5 miles on Thanksgiving Day. I did it! It was REALLY hard, but I did it with my little sister.

I made another goal to finish the Insanity Program. I did finished it at the end of December, and I felt great!

Last Saturday I ran 7 miles. I still can't believe I actually ran the whole time. I felt great. I felt like I could keep running, which is amazing when you think of where I started in August.

In August I made a goal to get my weight down to the 140's. It was in the 190's in August. My weight is now 148.5.

Jan. 30, 2012 photo
(A little fuzzy, but getting skinnier!)

So I'm on my way to running the Rockin Roll Half Marathon in Washington D.C. in March! I'm nervous, but excited! It is a goal of mine to run a half marathon after every baby we have. I hope to be able to run the whole time. I'll need lots of cheering though! :)

4 comments:

  1. You can do it, Shannon! And you look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon!!! I am so excited for you! p.s you are a great motivator :) I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet! Thanks for the comment!! :)

      Delete