Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A Day in the Life: Eating is the Hardest Part


Post by Shannon

Most of the people I've talked to are struggling with their eating. That is the hardest part for me too. I love the exercise, but it's hard to stay focused on eating well everyday.

This is a picture of me last week. This little one (she's six months old) kept finding ways to hurt herself when I was trying to cook dinner. I finally decided to strap her to me in this backpack so she wouldn't get hurt anymore! 

It's one thing to struggle with eating well, and it's another thing to be able to actually make the food you need to eat with one kid holding onto your leg and the other strapped to you in a backpack! :)

Anyway, it is possible to eat well. It just takes a lot of planning and patience (if you have kids!).

Here are some tips:

-Plan out your meals each week so you know what you are going to make.
-Go grocery shopping once a week to get everything on your menu.
-Make sure the kids are occupied when you need to make dinner.
-Make large quantities of food so you can freeze some and use it for later.
-Put things in zip lock bags or tupperware dishes so you can get them quickly if you need to.
-Get lots of great recipes so you don't get bored with the things your are eating.
-Take it one day at a time. If you slip up, try again the next day.
-Keep the big picture in mind. When I started this journey back in Sept., I couldn't see this far ahead to think I'd actually be wearing size 8 jeans by Feb., but it happened!
-Use a crock pot!! You can make things in the morning or when the kids are sleeping. So great!
-Don't give up!

Need more help?! Email me at GolladayFit@gmail.com anytime!


No comments:

Post a Comment