Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Day in the Life- Eating 5 to 6 Times a Day


Post by Shannon


Eating five to six times a day has helped me lose weight so much faster than just eating three times a day. When I first heard about this, I thought I'd be eating way too many calories. I also thought it would be too hard to do this with a family, but it wasn't as hard as I thought.

And, the more I did it, the better results I got.

 Here is an example of things I like to eat throughout my day.

Breakfast:  Chocolate Shakeology with a banana and frozen strawberries

Snack:  Plain yogurt with apple slices, honey and chopped walnuts

Lunch:  Peanut butter and honey sandwich on whole wheat bread, a spinach salad with tomato slices and balsamic vinaigrette

Snack:  5-10 almonds and a string cheese

Dinner:  (See photo above) Whole wheat pasta with veggies and parmesan cheese toasted on sour dough bread. Visit this page to see the recipe for Whole Wheat Penne Primavera 

I use lots of zip lock bags and tupperware to carry snacks with me when I'm out of my house. It just takes a little extra planning, but the results are worth it!

Questions? Feel free to leave comments here or on our Facebook page:  Facebook.com/GolladayFit

1 comment: