Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A Day in the Life- Then & Now

Post by Shannon

Pictures are the best way to see our progress. I like to look at photos to see how far I've come. There has been a big difference in my weight loss progress from my first baby to my second.

I don't share this to boast about my progress. It wasn't an easy journey. It definitely took a lot of dedication and self motivation.

After we had our first baby, I went walking or running for an hour a day almost every day for six months. In the first six months I lost about 34 pounds. I still had about 25 more to go. I didn't really focus on my eating at that time. You can see the pictures here.

A couple weeks after having our baby in 2009:

6 months after:

Six months after she was born I began the P90X program. I did it for 90 days. Then I did Insanity for 60. I was able to run a half marathon 11 months after our baby was born.

This is me 11 1/2 months after she was born. I was able to lose about 60 pounds from the time she was born until this photo. I also went from about 34% body fat to 24%. I was so happy with my progress after I started doing P90X and Insanity.


This time I started eating 5-6 meals a day and doing Insanity as soon as I was cleared to exercise.  In the first six months after having our baby, I lost about 50 pounds and don't have much more to lose (I started about 10 pounds lower before I got pregnant).  I went from 33% body fat to 27.8%. 

This is 9 days after having our baby in 2011:


This was about 6 months after in Feb. 2012:


I am grateful for Beachbody's programs because they've helped me reach my goals faster and have helped me do the things I love (like running) better.

2 comments:

  1. You look awesome!! I have a similar weight-loss story. My husband and I are wanting to continue our family in the next year or so but to be honest I am scared to death to gain the weight back. I know that sounds awful but anyone who has struggled with their weight knows how hard it is to loose weight. I'm hoping to keep the habits I have created and stay a healthy weight in the future, and especially during pregnancy. Thanks for the post!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you for your dedication and hard work! You help inspire me to do it myself. You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete