Tuesday, March 13, 2012

A Day in the Life- It's a Skinny New Year!


Post by Shannon

On Dec. 15 I wrote a post called, "I'm Dreaming of A Skinny New Year."  I used one of the skinniest pictures I could find for the post. :) This picture was taken in the summer of 2005 a few years before I had my first baby.

I still use that picture for motivation. It is good to find a photo of yourself or someone you want to look like to motivate you and put it somewhere you can see it each day.

My goal is to get back to 135 (where I was in the picture above). Right now I'm 142.5. I'm getting closer!

This photo was taken last week. I'm so excited that I can fit into these jeans! That was an accomplishment for me!!


I have been on this weight lost journey ever since I had our second daughter in August. My first goal was to get into the 140's (I was in the 190's in Aug.) by February. I'm excited that I reached that goal and was able to have "a skinny new year!" :)

My second goal was to run the Rockin' Roll Half Marathon in Washington D.C. on March 17. I have been training for the race since last October. I was doing great with the training. My last big run was 9.5 miles! I was proud of that!

Unfortunately, I hurt my back... I was really disappointed. I have been so excited to run this race!

I have been going to the chiropractor, icing, walking, taking Omega 3's to reduce the inflammation and taking it easy. I am planning to fly to Washington D.C. on Thursday. My back has been feeling better the past few days so I am hoping to be able to do the race.

My goal right now is to at least walk / run it! I'll keep you posted. Stay tuned for Saturday...

NEED MOTIVATION?

Join our fitness community! We have a GolladayFit Community on Facebook that is a private community for people to talk about their workouts, goals, challenges, and more! We'd love to have you join. 

All you need to do is:

1- Create your FREE Beachbody Profile. (Skip this step if you already have one)
Click on this link to create a profile:
 https://www.teambeachbody.com/signup/-/signup/free?referringRepId=127339

2- Send us an email to join at GolladayFit@gmail.com.

2 comments:

  1. Shannon you look amazing! I hope it works out for you to run the race you've worked so hard for. Thanks for all the motivation to get back in shape.I love all the tips you've been giving on facebook and your blog. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rachelle! Hard work is paying off! :) I hope you guys are doing well!

    ReplyDelete