Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A Day in the Life- It's a Battle

Post by Shannon

It's true. Being healthy and fit is a battle, and you have to decide if you are going to fight it.

Every. Single. Day.

There's always something that can get in the way of you being healthy and fit. You have a full time job, you are a full-time student, you have kids, your phone doesn't quit ringing, you're too tired, you're sick, it's someone's birthday, it's Christmas, it's Easter... And the list goes on and on... There are so many reasons why people can't workout or eat healthy!!

The thing is, life is BUSY, and it just keeps getting busier. So unless we DECIDE to make a change, nothing WILL change. We'll keep going through our busy lives and stay the same.

In January 2010, I decided to make a change. I was tired of being overweight, depressed and out of energy. This was six months after I had our first baby girl.

To give you some background. I gained 15 pounds after we got married in 2007 and then about 47 pounds during pregnancy in 2009.

I tried to lose weight by walking after I had our baby. I walked every day for an hour for the first six months after she was born. This helped me lose about 32 pounds in six months, which was good, but I still had about 30 more to go!

If you would have asked me in college if I would have ever been in this situation, I would have thought you were crazy! I was always healthy and fit. Growing up I was a competitive gymnast (training 4-5 days a week for 5 hours a day), a cheerleader, a dancer and a long distance runner (I ran several 1/2 marathons and one full before I got married).

This was me in college with my little brother. 

 This was me at my marathon in 2002
I always thought I'd be healthy and shape, and not have a problem with gaining weight.

Well, life happened, and I did gain weight!  A lot actually! I was really depressed. It seemed like it would take me soo long to get back if I EVER got back!

This was me about a month after having our first baby in 2009

In Jan. 2010, I heard about P90X. I watched a few people try the program and have success. So I decided to try it. 

It was the best decision I could have ever made! In 90 days, I learned how to eat better, and I felt better than I had in months!! I didn't feel depressed. I actually felt hopeful!

After P90X I did Insanity, and then I did a 1/2 marathon 11 months after my baby was born! I was able to lose all 62 pounds in 11 months! It would have taken me much longer if I wouldn't have done Beachbody's workouts. 

In August of 2011, I had another baby. This time I was DETERMINED not to get depressed. I knew what to do this time! I actually gained about the same amount of weight, but I was able to lose it twice as fast! I started with Insanity, and then Turbo Fire

This is a picture of me about a month ago at our Shakeology Taste Testing Party. I'm feeling great! Beachbody's workouts have really helped me get fit and their meal plans have taught me how to eat healthier. 



This time I was able to run a half marathon 7 months after our baby was born! 

 This was me on March 17, 2012 in Washington D.C. after my 1/2 marathon.

Beachbody's workouts and meal plans have really helped me accomplish my goals. They've helped me WIN the battle of being healthy and fit. It hasn't been easy, and I haven't been perfect at doing everything right, but I've been able to win the battle. That's all that matters to me! :)

NEED MOTIVATION?

Join our fitness community! We have a GolladayFit Community on Facebook that is a private community for people to talk about their workouts, goals, challenges, and more! We'd love to have you join. 

All you need to do is:

1- Create your FREE Beachbody Profile. (Skip this step if you already have one)
Click on this link to create a profile:
 https://www.teambeachbody.com/signup/-/signup/free?referringRepId=127339

No comments:

Post a Comment