Tuesday, May 1, 2012

A Day in the Life- Believing You Can Do it!


Post by Shannon


The hardest part about getting healthy and fit is believing you can do it!

After I had my first daughter, I felt so discouraged and depressed. I got up to 199 when I was pregnant with her. When I came home from the hospital I weighed 188. I have always been between 130-135. This was so discouraging to me!

Some people have babies and lose the weight quickly and others have to work for it. I'm in the "you have to work REALLY hard for it" category!

The good news is that I got down to 137 before I got pregnant with my second.

Then, during my second pregnancy, I got back up to 196. Now I'm down to 139 eight months later. This wasn't easy to accomplish for me. I wasn't perfect through this journey, I'm still not perfect at it! I have treats once in a while, and sometimes I even miss my workouts, but I'm consistent and I believe I can do it! That's the only thing that matters because I've gotten results.

BELIEVE YOU CAN DO IT

The thing that has pushed me to reach my goals more than anything is believing that I CAN do it. I believe that ANYTHING in life is possible if you set your mind to it!

For example, when I was in grade school, I hated running. I dreaded it every time we had to run the mile, and I wasn't good at it either!

I made a goal to run a marathon. This is crazy if you hate running!! I wanted to do something that would challenge me physically.

So I borrowed a book about how to train for a marathon (since the Internet wasn't very popular yet in 1998!), and started training when I was 18. I signed up for the St. George marathon every year for four years. I didn't run it the first three years because I got scared and my running partners kept bailing!

Finally the fourth year when I was 22, I trained the best I'd ever trained. I ran two half marathons and a 20 mile race before the marathon. My running partner bailed again, but that didn't stop me this time. I ran the full marathon! It was amazing! I felt like I could do anything at that point!

THE MORAL OF THE STORY

So the moral of the story is that you CAN do it! You can do ANYTHING in life if you believe you can. You have to believe it too. It can't just be believing you can do it when it's convenient. You have to keep believing even when it gets tough, you get discourage or depressed. You HAVE to keep going!


Need Motivation?
Join our Facebook Community for support and accountability! You don't need to be doing a Beachbody workout to join!

All you need to do is:

1- Create your FREE Beachbody Profile to track your workouts. You can track any type of workout here not just Beachbody's workouts. (Skip this step if you already have a profile)

Click on this link to create a profile:
 https://www.teambeachbody.com/signup/-/signup/free?referringRepId=127339


No comments:

Post a Comment