Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A Day in the Life- Nutrition, Nutrition, Nutrition

Post by Shannon


They say it is 80% diet and 20% exercise.

I totally agree!

I didn't start seeing amazing results until I focused on my nutrition every day.

I used to think exercise was the most important. In college I ran 5 miles a day, did aerobics 5 times a week, took ice skating lessons, a mountain biking class and more!

Basically, I didn't want to gain the "Freshman 15!" So I did everything I could to stop those unwanted pounds from coming.

It worked, but I was always "on the go" trying to get all of my workouts in!

Little did I know that if I just focused on my eating and added 30-60 min. of exercise a day, I'd be fine!

I like this picture. It shows you how your plate should be balanced (1/2 fruits and veggies and the other 1/2 grains and protein).

It is important to get a balanced diet each day. You don't want to cut anything out of your diet.

The mistake most people make is they drop their calories, lose weight, and then go back to eating like they were before and gain the weight back. Sometimes they even gain more back!

The moral of the story is to make this a LIFESTYLE CHANGE. Make it a change you can do forever. It isn't a "diet".

So, that means you need to allow yourself a treat once in a while. A first I gave myself three treats a week. Yes, three REAL treats a week (cake, ice cream, cookies, etc.), and I still lost weight!

This also means that you shouldn't cut ANYTHING out of your diet unless you choose to for other reasons.

Most people cut out carbs. The truth is you NEED carbs to fuel your body for your workouts. Do you think you could run a 1/2 marathon if you cut out carbs? NO!! You need carbs to give you energy and make you full.

So our focus in April is on nutrition and eating 5 times a day. It seems like this is the area everyone struggles with the most. So we are going to help!


Need Motivation?
Join our Facebook Community for support and accountability! You don't need to be doing a Beachbody workout to join!

All you need to do is:

1- Create your FREE Beachbody Profile to track your workouts. You can track any type of workout here not just Beachbody's workouts. (Skip this step if you already have a profile)

Click on this link to create a profile:
 https://www.teambeachbody.com/signup/-/signup/free?referringRepId=127339

No comments:

Post a Comment