Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A Day in the Life- Little changes make BIG results!

Post by Shannon
After I had our second baby in August 2011, I was overwhelmed with everything I needed to do to. It was an adjustment getting used to taking care of two little girls 2 and under, let alone take care of myself!

The thing that helped me the most was making small changes each day. That seemed easier than trying to do everything all at once!

I started LIMITING MY TREATS my treats. This was hard because I craved sweets, white bread and pizza so much when I was pregnant! So I started by only having ONE treat a day instead of several! Then I went to five days, four, three, etc. It was a gradual process.

Next, I started EATING 5 TIMES A DAY. This was hard at first, but it became easier as I continued to do it. My body felt so much better eating this way, and so it made me want to keep going.

Then, I ADDED EXERCISE. I couldn't do this until at least six weeks after our baby was born because I had a c-section. I did some light walking before the six week mark, but I wanted to make sure I got the OK from my doctor before I started exercising.

Exercising was SO hard at fist! I was so unmotivated because I had so far to go! I felt so out of shape and discouraged, but I kept telling myself it wouldn't be this hard for very long! I kept going! I kept cheering myself on each day.

I did Beachbody's Insanity workout. I did this one after our first little girl was born, and I LOVED it! The workouts weren't too long, and it was easy to follow along. I loved the meal plan too!

So after our second daughter, I was ready to do it again. I ended up doing the first month twice because I was so out of shape! This helped me to gear up into the second month. :)

I STARTED USING SHAKEOLOGY when I started my second month of the Insanity workout. That was AWESOME too! I lost 7 pounds in December alone! That is the hardest month to lose weight. People usually gain! I didn't even workout everyday, and we went to visit family for a week too! It is awesome! I love it! Patrick and I have been using it everyday since.

Anyway, long story short, I have been on this weight loss journey since last Aug. 2011, and I'm feeling great! I am doing Turbo Fire now, and I love that one too! I love these workouts because I can do them at my house when my girls are sleeping. I don't need to get ready and go to the gym or find anyone to watch them while I workout. It's awesome! They also help me do things I love better like running.

So Weigh In Day was yesterday. These are my results:

From the day I delivered my baby at the beginning of Aug. until now:  
Down 56.5 pounds!

From the day I started doing Beachbody's workouts on Sept. 26, 2011:  
Down 38.5 pounds!
Lost 9.5 in. off my waist!
Lost 6 in. off my hips
Lost 1.2 in. off each arm
Lost 4 in. off each thigh
Lost 8.1% body fat!

My "before" picture taken October 15, 2011. This isn't even at my worst. I didn't want to take pictures before this!


My "after" or "current picture taken on Easter in my size 6 dress!!



NEED MOTIVATION?
Join our Facebook Community! I created this community to give people encouragement and support in their health and fitness journey! You don't need to be doing a Beachbody workout to join! You have nothing to lose from joining! It's free! I wish I had something like this when I started! :)

Email me at GolladayFit@gmail.com to join!

No comments:

Post a Comment