Monday, December 19, 2011

My Secret to Losing Weight


Post by Shannon

It's weigh in day! Well, at least for us. I used to dread weigh in day, but now I actually get excited since I am losing the weight and feeling great! Patrick just started last week so his stats. will be coming soon. :)

So I have a confession. I'm not happy about this, but it's true. The day I had our little girl the second week of August, I weighed 1956. I'm 5'4"! That's crazy!

About a week later I went down to 178. It was so great to lose some water weight and the baby weight (she was 7 lbs. 7 oz.).

I made a goal to get down into the 150's by Christmas. Even if I was 159. I started doing the Insanity program as soon as I could exercise to help me lose the weight. I started on Sept. 26. It's a 60-day program, but I've made it into a 90-day one. I did the first month twice just to ease myself into it. I just started the second month last week. I love it! It's such a fun workout. The commercial makes it look way intense, but it's really not as hard as it looks. It's interval training.

If you don't want to use weights, buy extra equipment, or workout very long, this is good for you. Also if you like more cardio and aerobics, this is great for you. In the first month, the workouts are about 30-40 min. In the second month they go up to 40-55 min. I love them!

I've done P90X too, but I like Insanity a little better for me to lose weight. I'll write a post that compares the two to tell you what I think.

Anyway, I made a goal to get into the 150's by Christmas! Today I weigh 155 (still planning on going down more). Since I started Insanity on Sept. 26, I have lost:

-23 pounds.
-3% body fat
-6 inches off my waist
-4 inches off my hips
-.5 in. off my arms
-2 in. off my thighs

I'm so happy!! I have lost my weight so much faster than last time I had a baby!

My secret:  eating every 2 1/2 to 3 hours (300-400 calories each time) and working out doing intervals each day.

*** Interested in starting a program? We are putting together some challenge groups that will start on Jan. 2. More info. to come! Email me if you're interested at golladayfit@gmail.com ***

No comments:

Post a Comment